HIGH SCHOOL LIFE; MY FAVORITE TEACHER



                                        HIGH SCHOOL LIFE; MY FAVORITE TEACHER

by: Villanueva, Angeline Janier

In high school, you will experience everything. You will meet new people and make new friends. And joining in every contest will be your priority because sometimes you will get a higher grade by participating in the contest than by taking your quiz. In high school, you will meet your crush and maybe your first heartbreak. But this content is not about that, because it will be about my favorite teachers.

When I was in junior high, I had these two teachers, who I can say are the best teachers that I ever had.

Let's start with my English adviser. She was my adviser when I was in grade 8 and also my subject teacher in grade 9 in English. Ma’am Cotanda is one of the most beautiful teachers in our school. She’s a good teacher because she encourages her students to work hard to be successful. She always tells us that we should not be afraid of learning English and that it’s okay to be ungrammatical. She teaches her students how to be good English speakers, and she even tells us to watch all the Marvel movies or watch English movies. Turn on the subtitles, and read more books. She said reading books is the best way to learn how to compose sentences and speak English. But the reason why Ma’am Cotanda is one of my favorite teachers is that she believes in me. She believes that I can be a journalist someday. She even pushed me to join the journalism class at our school. She believes that I can write articles about the events in our school. Being in journalism is the way to improve my writing skills. Although I can’t see it, she does. Ma’am Cotanda is the first teacher who believes in me and encourages me to not be scared of pursuing my dreams. 

My second favorite teacher is Mr. Cuartero, my MAPEH teacher in grade 9. The reason why he became my favorite teacher is that he is one of my closest teachers. He is very kind and always gives us inspirational words. He’s a good dancer, and he also has a beautiful voice. He teaches us well. His class is not boring; he makes us laugh in the middle of class. He has a lot of stories about his life, like how he became a teacher after being a dancer. Other than that, the reason why I like Sir Cuartero is that he also believes that I can be his student teacher in our Boys and Girls week, even though he could choose my other classmate, but he chose me. I was very nervous at that time because it was my first time, but he guided me. He is my closest teacher. We joke and ‘bully’ each other, but the respect is still there. He also gave me a dance on our junior night. He became a friend to his students; he’s easy to talk with and you can ask him if you need help. 

I never thought that I would have a favorite teacher in junior high because I think they are all strict. They will give you a low grade and they will give you tons of homework and activities, but I’m wrong. Junior high was the best year of my high school life. I met my friends who stayed until now. I became inspired because of my teacher’s words. And it’s my first time feeling that there's a teacher who believes in me, who will push me to be good to pursue my dreams in life, and who gives me advice in life. I’m so lucky to have a teacher like Ma’am Cotanda and Sir Cuartero. I hope someday I will make them proud of me.


Comments

Popular Posts